According to a recent study, from 1965 to 2008 the percentage of US men who cook at home increased by 44.8%. Time spent by men preparing meals in that same period also increased by over 20%. With the workplace migrating to the home, and more dual-income households than ever before, more men are spending more time in the kitchen today than at any period in history.
Introducing a kitchen tool for the new era, the MÄNNKITCHEN MK9: Built for the man that loves to cook.
Männ is the masculine possessive word for "my" in a dialect of old Norse. My kitchen = MÄNNKITCHEN. The profile of the MK9 is patterned after Norse longboats, which were designed to slice through the water at maximum speed with minimal resistance. This revolutionary design made distant exploration possible and enabled the Viking Era.
We're in a new era now, hopefully one with less pillaging.
The MK9 is built specifically for men, because a world where more men are eager to create meals at home is a better world. The benefits of cooking at home are numerous and well documented. Meals cooked at home are less expensive than eating out, more nutritious, and use only ingredients that you choose. Nothing promotes community better than sharing a meal together. In addition, meals cooked at home have other benefits:
"I have yet to meet a woman who doesn’t think a man who cooks is sexy.”
-Mary M. from Quora
Not just another chef's knife, the MÄNNKITCHEN MK9 is a function-first kitchen tool:
- Revolutionary US Steel surgical sharpness & exceptional edge retention.
- Larger Handle cradles the hand for an effortlessly firm grip
- Longer Blade for improved slicing and handling large tasks faster
- Wider Blade increased knuckle clearance and easy food transfer
- Convex Spine Profile for a more natural wrist position while cutting
- Hybrid Edge Shape for maximum versatility
- Rounded Spine for exceptional comfort when using a pinch grip
- Micro Bolster all the safety benefits of a full bolster, with none of the drawbacks.
Every detail of the design is functional, from the materials, to the profile, to each contour of the handle and micro bolster. There are no Damascus patterns or decorative hammer marks on the blade, just revolutionary American-made nitrogen steel, designed and built to work for generations.
- Super hard & durable X63 Nitrogen stainless steel made in the USA
- Superior edge retention & chip resistance
- Hybrid blade design with innovative edge shape accommodates all cutting techniques (slice, chop, rock, push and tap)
- Wide blade design for improved knuckle clearance and food transfer
- Curved profile prevents wedging & increases leverage
- Rounded spine to prevent friction when using the recommended pinch grip
- Fits everyone-even those with large hands
- Nonslip G10 resin will not swell, shrink, crack, or discolor
- Ergonomic shape allows more natural wrist position while cutting
- Micro bolster for comfort, safety, and ease of sharpening
- Extreme comfort and stability in both traditional and pinch grips
A man's place is in the kitchen